Hello all, I've got a review on a face mask that I recently tried :) I received this from Chanel who did a swap with me and I'm really glad that she sent me this because it was my first time trying an MBD mask.
If you're not sure what My Beauty Diary masks are, they are a well-known brand of face masks from Taiwan and are known for having a large range of masks with various purposes and for different skin types. I had wanted to try these masks for a really long time because I've heard so many good things about them from bloggers who have done reviews.
My Beauty Diary - Strawberry Yogurt Mask
我的美丽日记 - 草莓优格纳米面膜
我的美丽日记 - 草莓优格纳米面膜
- Everything is written in Chinese
- Date of Manufacture and expiry printed
Main ingredients and their purpose:
- Natural strawberry extracts contain minerals and enzymes to leave the skin clean, fair and fresh
- Yogurt extract balances sebum secretion and tightens pores
What it claims to do:
- Whitens and refines skin
- Controls excessive sebum secretion
- Leaves skin luminous
- Enhances skin's moisture level
- Normal and combination skin
[Sourced from Sasa.com]
When I opened the packet, I didn't know that there would be a protective sheet over it so I was a bit surprised at first, lol. Here is how it looked like on my face when I first applied it:
I could have had my eyes opened and looked straight forward but... that might freak you guys out :P
I forgot to put down the nose-flap thing at first haha
As you may or may not know, I am not that good with reading Chinese so I got my mum to read the instructions on the back of the packet so I could fully understand what to do.
1. Gently tear the package off the mask and place the mask onto the face.
2. Leave the mask on for about 20-30 minutes and remove after.
3. No need to rinse the excess, instead massage the remains onto the skin.
Enjoying this mask on a hot day (:
Even though I received this mask in January, I was slightly hesitant about trying it at first because I had previously gotten a bad skin reaction to a mask I used which wasn't from MBD. Instead it was some cheap one that I bought from an Asian store in my city. I'm glad it was cheap because it would have been an even bigger waste of money if it wasn't =/
I was also slightly hesitant because it didn't say that it was for sensitive skin but in the end, I was SO glad that I did end up trying it! I loved using it because it was so cool on my face and I had no skin irritations whatsoever. I don't think I'll be trying any other brand of masks, I really trust this brand.
I can't complain about the way it fitted on my face because everyone's face shape and proportions are different so it can't fit perfectly (unless you had the 'perfect' face shape and proportions I guess T_T) but with that said, there wasn't that many creases on my mask which must mean that the fitting wasn't bad :]
I left this on for exactly 30 minutes, I didn't want to take it off earlier!
Sorry I didn't take a picture of my face after I took off the mask but I asked my mum what she thought of after I did my mask and she said that my face looked whiter! Not a lot whiter like a ghost or something, just a natural whitening and brightening to my complexion. I could see it too ^.^ My face also felt baby-smooth and very moisturised, just what my face needed.
- Yummy strawberry yogurt scent, not too strong
- The mask does what it claims to do
- Protective sheet = less prone to ripping mask when opening it out
- Mask sheet could fit many different face shapes
- Although it doesn't say so, it's suitable for sensitive skin
- No drippy mess/residue from the mask but extremely moist
- Material is very gentle on my face
- Cooling sensation without it being in a fridge prior to use
- Date of manufacture and expiry printed
- Quite inexpensive online, can purchase single or pack of 10
- Couldn't fit all the way up to my hairline (must be 'cause of my large foreheard -.-)
- Instructions and description all written in Chinese - not good if you're not a fluent reader like me!
- More expensive in store than online
- Risky to purchase online as there are fake MBD masks, but purchased from trusted stores are fine
YES! Without a doubt. I want to try the other types too and buy some mixed sets :D
As you can see, I didn't have a problem with the mask itself at all. I was so pleased! I recommend this to anyone who wants to try a face mask and I am certain that you would be pleased with this as much as I am.
Thanks for reading my review, I hope you found it helpful. If you have any questions about MBD masks, feel free to ask~
Have you tried MBD masks before?
Which mask is your favourite?
If you haven't tried MBD masks before, I'd still like to know other brands you have tried, like and would recommend to others!