Hello everyone, I just want to wish you all a happy new year! No vlog from me today unfortunately =[ I was going to do one but I have a sty/red lump on the inner corner of my left lower lash line. If you don't know what a sty is, Google it to read about it but I must advise you - do not look for the images, it's not a pretty sight! It doesn't look too bad but it is a little swollen so I don't want to apply any makeup or anything until it goes away. Apparently it'll take a few days to a week until it fully disappears so when it does, I can show my face again and do more eye looks :)
2011 is the Chinese Zodiac Sign year of the Rabbit. My mum's a rabbit and you kind of guess how old she's turning this year, if you know how the Chinese Zodiac calendar works x) Hint - when I was 12, it was my zodiac sign's year.
Something that I find out today - Honeysuckle is Pantone 2011 Color of the Year! It's a gorgeous deep pink and it's been a popular colour amongst the outfits of many celebrities. I know that pink seems to be such an overrated colour but it's my favourite and it's super pretty :D I adore the many shades of pink.
More info about this colour here
So to 'match' this year's colour, I bought some pink/purple shades of nail polish! NOT :P It was just a coincidence that I have recently got some pink and purple nail polishes. And before you go crazy over me purchasing nail polish (referring to me makeup-purchasing ban), I bought one before I started the ban, and I went shopping with my mum yesterday xD So technically, I didn't purchase those nail polishes from yesterday because my mum did!
I don't know why but I seem to be great at finding cheap nail polishes at bargain prices x) Remember my 1 cent nail polish I picked up a few months ago?
The day before my makeup-purchasing ban commenced, I went into Priceline and got an Australis nail polish for just $0.97! Even the lady at the checkout was amazed when she scanned it xD Then yesterday with my mum we went into Kmart and got 4 Maybelline nail polishes for $1.75 each, RRP $5.85 each.
L-R: Candy Frost, Bubblegum, Wonder Violet, Tutti Frutti and Pink Pluto
1 cent nail polish - Rimmel's Funky Diva
Sorry they're a bit messy :/ I fixed the purple after I took the picture
Since I won't be showing you my face, I'm going to show you an NOTD - Nails Of The Day look.
I decided to create some patterns on my nails using the different colours of nail polish I used to paint my nails. You know, I NEVER used to paint my nails with patterns and decos until this year. I was inspired by you nail art bloggers :D You girls are so talented and amazing! I've attempted to do some nail art but brace yourselves - this was my first attempt and it's not that nice :( I didn't use any special brushes or anything, just the nail polish's brush...
Someone get me some nail art brushes? Haha
Experimenting with brush strokes - dots, diagonal stripes, dabs, vertical stripes and horizontal stripes
I did these designs with my right hand. Imagine if I attempted to do these with my left hand for my nails on my right hand....
I ended up buying 2 of these - one for me and one for my next giveaway winner!
Yep that's right, I will be hosting a giveaway sometime so look out for it :] I might open the giveaway once I reach 400 followers (just another 5). Remember that there will be 3 winners this time!
And as for my new year's resolutions... I'll make a list of 10:
1. Get a job - a permanent part-time or casual position in retail would be preferable
2. Save more, spend less - something I need to work on
3. Succeed in first year university - pass everything but even better, achieve great scores
4. Exercise more, join a gym - in other words, spend less time on my laptop perhaps. Go out and get active
5. Be more sociable - I'm going to be 18 this year and I plan to go out more, meet new people and make new friends
6. P2's - I might attempt it but I'd like to pass so I don't have to put up the P-plates anymore
7. Regular b/vlogger - I'm quite regular already with blogging but with vlogging... ehh
8. Be more confident - My confidence level seems to rise as I grow older, I hope it continues to rise. But not the point where I'm egotistical
9. Learn something - whether it's a language or something that requires skill
10. Be less lazy - clean my room more often, do more house chores, help parents
And more beauty-related
1. Create better tutorials - better quality videos maybe
2. Wash brushes more often - I get lazy...
3. Take care of skin - no more trying of new skincare products that aren't suitable for sensitive skin! Only use the essentials to reduce redness and dry skin
I hope I can achieve these resolutions. This time next year I will look back on this list and blog about whether or not I've been successful x)
Once again, happy 1/1/11 :D Take care and stay safe